1 can pie filling (we like apple)
1. Prepare french toast batter as usual (mix eggs, milk, and cinammon).
2. Prepare the bread by creating a pouch in each slice. To create the pouch, use your fingers to press down a square-shaped indentation in the center of each piece. When two slices are fitted together, they should have a small pouch between them.
3. Place a small scoop of pie filling and of cream cheese in the pouch of half of the slices of bread.
4. Using a basting brush, lightly spread french toast batter around the inside edges of the slices of bread that have filling on them.
5. Top filled slices with empty slices of bread. Use the basting brush to spread french toast batter around the seams.
6. Dip the stuffed french toast slices in the batter, then place them on a flat skillet.
7. Cook until both sides are browned. Serve with syrup and powdered sugar.
*Sorry, I know this recipe is really inexact. If you have questions, let me know.