1 package of Oreo cookies
¼ cup of butter, melted
2 (4 oz.) boxes of French Vanilla instant pudding
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup of powdered sugar
1 (16 oz.) tub of whipped topping
1. Make pudding according to directions on package. Put in refrigerator to set.
2. Put Oreo cookies in a food processor and chop until finely crumbled. Pour crumbs in a bowl and remove 1 cup of crumbs and set aside.
3. Pour melted butter in remainder of Oreo crumbs and mix well. Line the bottom of a 9x13 dish with Oreo crumbs and butter mixture. Press firmly and place in refrigerator to set.
4. While cookie crust is setting, mix softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar. (For a quick softening, place in microwave for 45 seconds.)
5. Add cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture to the pudding. (It may be a bit lumpy if the cream cheese wasn’t soft enough, but that’s okay.)
6. Fold whipped topping into mixture. Pour this final mixture over the Oreo crust.
7. Sprinkle the crumbs which had been set aside OVER the final mixture.
8. Place back into refrigerator until ready to serve.
Notes: Have been told it tastes better if it has set for at least 12 hours, but have served it as quickly as 1 hour with no complaints. This recipe can also be stretched to fill a 9x9 as well as a 9x13. Simply make a thinner crust and pour less pudding on top—it tastes just as good!