Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 10 Egg Rolls
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
· 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts – diced
· 1 medium-large onion, minced
· 1 cup frozen corn
· 1 (14.5)oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
· 2.5 cups fresh baby spinach
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 3.5 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
· salt & pepper to taste
· 10 taco sized flour tortillas
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium. Add in the chicken, season with salt & pepper to taste, & saute for 5 minutes. Stir in the diced onions & cook until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the spices, black beans, corn, & baby spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat, and stir in the pepper jack cheese.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of filling (we used more) into the center of each taco sized flour tortilla, and roll up like a burrito (folding in the sides). Brush each side with a good coating of olive oil, and place in a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crispy. (ours took longer)
Serve with Cilantro Cream Sauce, if desired.
Cilantro Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: About 2 cups
· 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
· 2 tablespoons sour cream
· 1 (7oz) can tomatillo sauce or salsa (same thing, different companies label them different)
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 teaspoon celery salt
· 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
· 6 cloves garlic
· 1 bunch fresh cilantro
· the juice of half a lime
Combine all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a jar with a tight fitting seal, and refrigerate for up to 1-2 weeks.