8 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 onion, finely chopped
8 portions chicken breast (about 2 lbs)
2 packages Knorr Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix
3 cans (7 oz each) mild diced green chiles
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 jalpenos, seeded and chopped
1 can (28 oz) white hominy, drained
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1. In a large pot, combine chicken broth, onion, and chicken breasts. Heat to boiling over high heat. Then reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken from the broth and set aside to cool.
2. Use a whisk to blend gravy mix into the broth. Then add chilies, garlic, cilantro, cumin, jalapenos, and hominy. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; then reduce heat to low.
3. Shred the cooked chicken by pulling it apart with 2 forks, and add it back into the broth. Cover and simmer about 40 minutes.
4. Warm flour tortillas by placing them between two damp paper towls o nhigh for 45 seconds.
5. Spoon a potion of the green chili into each bowl, top with a spoonful of diced tomato and a tablespoon of sour cream.
6. Serve with warmed tortillas for dipping.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 1hour, 15 minutes.