4 portions chicken breast
4 green onions, sliced
2 Tbsp fresh cliantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
3 cans (10 oz each) green enchilada sauce
8 corn tortillas
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 tomato, diced
1 can (2 oz) ripe olives, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken breasts in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Shred cooked chicken by pulling apart with 2 forks; set aside.
3. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno; saute for 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken and 1 can of enchilada sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour the 2 remaining cans of enchilada sauce in a medium bowl and microwae until warm, about 2 minutes. Dip each tortilla in the heated sauce and fill witha bout 1/8 of the chicken mixture. Roll up and place, seam-side down, in the prepared baking dish.
5. Pour remaining heated sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
6. Divide lettue onto four plates and place a potion of enchiladas on top. Top with a spoonful of salsa, a dollop of sour cream, tomatoes, and olives.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 50 minutes