4 portions spaghetti (about 8 oz uncooked)
2 egg whites
4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Tomato-Basil-Garlic seasoning
1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
4 portions chicken breast
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 tomatoes, diced (or one 15-oz can)
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
4 Tbsp red wine (or chicken broth)
1. Prepare spaghetti according to its package directions
2. In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg whites. In a pie plate, combine the Mrs. Dash seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg whites then into the seasoned Parmesan, coating both sides.
4. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet; cover and cook for approximately 6 minutes; turn and cook for 6 more minutes until no longer pink in the center. Transfer the cooked chicken breasts to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Add tomatoes and bell pepper to skillet and saute over medium heat until the peppers begin to soften, approximately 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning and red wine (chicken broth), continue to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add pasta to the skillet with sauteed tomatoes and peppers; mix gently.
7. Slice cooked chicken. Serve over pasta mixture.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes