3 cups uncooked shell pasta
2 ¼ c whipping cream
1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
¾ tsp course (kosher or sea) salt
2 cups shredded cheese
½ c shredded cheese
¾ lb ground sausage, cooked and drained
¾ c diced onions and green peppers, sauteed
1 or 1 ½ cans diced tomatoes, drained
¼ c sliced green onions
½ c grated parmesan½c bread crumbs
2 tsp olive oil
1. Cook pasta. Drain, return to saucepan, cover to keep warm
2. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375*. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In saucepan, heat whipping cream, mustard, salt, and red pepper to boiling. Reduce heat and stir in 2 c cheese with whisk until smooth. (We couldn’t taste the red pepper, so we might just leave it out next time…or ad more.)
4. Pour sauce over macaroni. Stir in tomatoes, green onions, sausage, and onion/pepper mixture. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle ½ c cheese on top.
5. In small bowl, mix parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Stir in oil (opt – I didn’t use this). Sprinkle over top of macaroni mix.
6. Bake uncovered 15-20 min or until edges are bubbly and top is golden brown