This recipe is classic Hambly and comes from Ryan's Dad's Aunt Pat. It's not even close to being healthy, but it sure is tasty!
1 pound package egg noodles
2 pounds ground beef
salt & pepper
2 – 8 oz cans tomato sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
16 ounces cream cheese
1 pint sour cream
1 bunch green onions (chopped)
½ green bell pepper (1/4” dice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook noodles per package directions, drain and set aside.
3. Brown hamburger, season with salt and pepper to taste, drain; add tomato sauce.
4. Mix cream cheese, cottage cheese, and sour cream with a hand mixer to blend; fold in onions and green pepper.
5. Layer 1/2 of the noodles on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. Cover with the cheese mixture. Layer with the rest of the noodles and finish with the meat/sauce mixture.6. Bake to heat through (about 20 minutes), bubbling around the edges and browning the top slightly.