2 c. macaroni
1/4 c. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 onion, chopped
2 c. cheddar cheese, grated
4 slices sandwich bread
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1. Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions.
2. In a large heavy pot, melt butter. Add flour, and cook and stir until smooth. Slowly add milk, cooking and stirring until thickened. Removed from heat and stir in cheddar cheese and macaroni.
3. Turn into greased 9x13 baking dish.
4. Spread butter on both sides of bread. Grill on hot griddle or skillet. Cute grilled bread into small squares and toss over macaroni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 450* for 15-20 minutes.
(There is another mac and cheese recipe here. I like this one better, though)