1/2 lb. sausage (approximately)
3 Tbsp. flour
1 c. milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook sausage in a heavy skillet. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; set aside for a later use
2. Remove all but 2 to 3 tablespoons of grease from the skillet.
3. Over medium heat, stir 3 tablespoons of flour into the grease. Stir constantly until browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Stirring constantly, pour in 1 cup of regular milk.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Continue stirring until the gravy is thick. (Add more milk if gravy is too thick)
7. If desired, add some or all of the sausage back into the gravy.
8. Serve over split biscuits, grits, or mashed potatoes, or pour into a bowl or gravy boat and serve on the side.
Baking Powder Biscuits
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1.4 c. shortening or butter
2/3-3/4 c. milk
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Cut shortening into flour.
3. Add milk. Stir quickly with fork until dough follows fork around bowl.
4. Knead gently 10-12 strokes on lightly floured surface.
5. Roll dough 1/2" thick. Use a cup to cut biscuits.
6. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 12-15 min. at 450* F.
Yield: 16 biscuits
YUM! Oh how I love gravy. And biscuits. Especially when combined. Granted, this recipe isn't exactly healthy or diet-friendly, so should be made sparingly, but is delicious!