Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 3: Circles and Squares Vegetable-Pasta Soup

1 32-oz. box vegetable broth
1 c. medium-size pata
2 c. frozen diced hash browns with onions and peppers
2 c. frozen peas and carrots
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
Snipped fresh parsley (opt.)
1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained (opt.)

In a large covered saucepan, bring broth to boiling. Add pasta, potatoes, peas and carrots, beef, and undrained diced tomatoes. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10-15 min. or until pasta is tender. Garnish with parsley. Serves 4.

BHG Magazine


My Review:
Overall, the recipe was great. It tasted good and was very easy to make. I did think this soup was a little spicy, so would substitute the green chili diced tomatoes to a milder can of diced tomatoes next time I make it. (Ryan, however, thought it was fine...) The first thing Ryan said when he saw this recipe was, "It needs meat." Haha. So I added meat, which I thought was a good addition. I didn't have any parsley, so left that out, but think it would be a good addition, as well. I think this one is definitely going in the recipe box :)

No comments:

Post a Comment