Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 1: Ro-Tel Fiesta Chicken

1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. oil
2 cans Mexican festival Ro-Tel*
4 green onions
2 Tbsp. lime juice (optional)
Olives, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro (optional)

Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Roll chicken in flour combination. Brown chicken in oil. Add Ro-Tel, onions, and lime juice. Heat to boiling. Simmer 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve chicken over rice. Top with sour cream, cheese, olives, and cilantro.

*I used a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies instead. I think a can of diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro would be delicious, as well!

(Recipe from Green Valley 14th Ward Cookbook)

My Review:
This recipe was great! One thing I really liked about it was how easy it was to put together. Prep time was minimal; I did the whole recipe (from gathering ingredients to eating dinner) in 30 minutes! Quick and easy are definite signs of a winner--especially for a mom who has a one year old underfoot while cooking. In addition to being easy, this recipe was delicious! Ryan and I were both big fans, and I will definitely be making this dish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment