Monday, August 23, 2010

Zucchini Bread

So it's obviously been a while...oops! I have still been trying new recipes, so perhaps now I will actually start posting a few! My friend gave me zucchini she grew in her garden, so I decided to try making zucchini bread. It was SO good...enjoy!

3 cups flour 1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder 2 tsp cinnamon

3 eggs 1/2 tsp salt

1 cup vegetable oil 2 cups sugar

2 cups grated zucchini 1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup chocolate chips (optional) 1 TBSP vanilla

*I used 1/2 cup oil and 1 cube butter

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 2 - med size loaf pans. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer till light and fluffy. Add oil (and butter - I softened but not melted it) sugar, vanilla and zucchini and mix well. Fold in flour mixture, stirring just till moist; do not over mix. Add nuts and chocolate chips.


Pour batter into prepared pans, filling 2/3 full. Bake 40-50 minutes. Turn loaves out on rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment