1 pkg. jumbo past shells, uncooked
2 lbs. ground beef, pork, or turkey
1 c. flavored dry bread crumbs
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 c. very finely chopped onion
3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3 c. spaghetti sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375* F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meat until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
4. In a large bowl, stir together meat, eggs, bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. In a 9x13 baking dish, spread 1/2 cup sauce.
6. Fill each cooked shell with 1 1/2 level tablespoons of filling.
7. Layer half of the filled shells in the prepared baking dish. Cover with half of the remaining sauce. Layer the rest of the filled shells on top and pour remaining sauce over. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Yield: 8 servings
*I halved this recipe since there are only two of us and it still made so much that we had a ton of leftovers. It makes a lot!