Saturday, February 2, 2008

White Turkey (or Chicken) Chili

1 1/2 cups chopped onions
2 cloves minced garlic
1 jalepeno pepper minced (I take out the seeds and ribs so it is not too hot)
1 can (4 oz) chopped mild green chilies
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 c chicken broth
1 can white kidney beans (I add 1-2 cans of any white bean I want)
2 cups cooked turkey or chicken (cubed or shredded)
cilantro and monterey jack cheese

Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over med. heat until onion is tender. Add jalepeno, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, beans, broth and meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes. Stire in cilantro and sprinke with cheese on top when chili is done.

*As a note, I usually double this recipe and like triple the broth and even add water. I just add liquid until I like the consistency. I don't make this as an exact science. You can add more or less meat, beans or liquid. I completely leave out the cilantro because I don't like it. And then I cook it as long as I need it to stay warm, anywhere from 30 minutes to even an hour and a half. You may need to just add more liquid if you do this. Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment